- An act to provide for the regulation and licensing of the business of banking.
- Commencement: 1st January 1957.
Link to Bankruptcy Act:
Carriage of Goods by Sea Act
Chapter 145, Part XI, 190-193
- 190 (1) In this part, “The Rules” means the International Convention for the unification of certain rules of law relating to bills of lading signed at Brussels on 25th August 1924, as amended by the Protocol signed at Brussels on 23rd February 1968.
Link to Carriage of Goods by Sea Act: http://www.agc.gov.bn/AGC%20Images/LOB/PDF/Chapter%20145.pdf
Competition Order 2015
- In exercise of the power conferred by Article 83(3) of the Constitution of Brunei Darussalam, His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan hereby makes the following Order –
- PART I PRELIMINARY Citation, commencement and long title.
- This Order may be cited as the Competition Order, 2015 and shall commence on a date to be appointed by the Minister, with approval of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan, by notification published in the Gazette.
- The Minister may, with the approval of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan, appoint different dates for the commencement of the different Parts or provisions of this Order or for the different purposes of the same provisions.
- The long title of this Order is “An Order to promote and protect competition in markets in Brunei Darussalam, to promote economic efficiency, economic development and consumer welfare; and to provide for the functions and powers of the Competition Commission of Brunei Darussalam and to provide for matters connected therewith”.
Link to Competition Act: http://www.agc.gov.bn/AGC%20Images/LAWS/Gazette_PDF/2015/EN/S001.pdf
Insurance Order 2006
- Clause (3) of Article 83 of the Constitution of Brunei Darussalam.
- “An order to provide for the regulation of insurance business in Brunei Darussalam and for other purposes relating thereto or connected with insurance.”
Link to Insurance Act: http://www.agc.gov.bn/AGC%20Images/LOB/Order/IL/I/Insurance%20Order.pdf
International Arbitration Act
International Arbitration Order 2009
- “An order to provide for the reform of the law relating to international arbitration, the recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards and for matters relating thereto.”
Link to International Arbitration Act:
Sale Of Goods Act
- Section 13/94 “An act to make further and better provision for the law relating to the sale of goods and for matters connected therewith.
- Commencement: 3rd May 1994.
Link to Sale of Goods Act: