Key Court Issuances
Pursuant to the power of the Supreme Court of the Philippines to promulgate rules concerning practice and procedure in all courts, the Supreme Court has made the following issuances, among others:
1. The Amendments to Rule 140 of the Rules of Court, which expanded the coverage of the Rule governing administrative disciplinary cases against members, officials, and employees of the Judiciary;
2. The Rule on Facilitated Naturalization of Refugees and Stateless Persons, the first of its kind globally, which aims to simplify and reduce legal hurdles in obtaining Philippine citizenship, to facilitate the assimilation and naturalization of refugees and stateless persons into Philippine society;
3. The Rules on Expedited Procedures in the First Level Courts, which were promulgated to simplify and expedite proceedings in the First Level Courts, the first tier in the Philippine hierarchy of courts, expanding its coverage and institutionalizing the one-step appeal system;
4. The Benchbook for Family Courts, which provides all trial courts specialising in Family Cases targeted guidance in handling matters affecting women and children, protecting them from all forms of abuse and exploitation;
5. The Benchbook for Commercial Courts, which responds to the needs of litigants with specific issues related to financial and commercial concerns falling within the cognizance of Special Commercial Courts; and finally,
6. The Rule on International Child Abduction Cases, which provides an expeditious procedure to facilitate the prompt return of children, who have been wrongfully removed or retained across international boundaries.
Copies of the Amendments to Rule 140 of the Rules of Court, Rule on Facilitated Naturalization of Refugees and Stateless Persons, and Rules on Expedited Procedures in the First Level Courts are also attached for reference.