The goal of the workshop is to expose judges and judicial officers to recent trends in cybercrime and digital evidence and to provide best practices on the use of digital evidence in court. The workshop is also intended to foster strong relationships between the various judiciaries in Southeast Asia.
TOPICS TO BE DISCUSSED
- Best practices in acquiring digital evidence during incident response (ie arrest or search of a residence or business);
- Analysis of digital media for forensic artifacts;
- Mobile device forensics;
- Case study: US Federal Rules of Evidence 902 (13) and (14);
- Cryptocurrencies and blockchain in the legal context;
- The future of artificial intelligence in the legal industry; and
- Evidentiary and trial issues concerning digital evidence.
Provided by Organiser
This Workshop is sponsored by DOJ and will be held at the JW Marriott Hotel, Kuala Lumpur. Meals are provided throughout the Workshop. Accommodation and travel expenses are to be advised by DOJ for participants from ASEAN Countries (except Singapore and Brunei Darussalam – kindly liaise with Ms. Siti Zahirah from the Malaysian Judiciary). This course is open to ASEAN Judiciaries only.