Overview of Judicial System
The People’s Court is the judicial branch of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, exercising judicial power. The People’s Court is responsible for the protection of justice, human rights, citizen’s rights, socialist regime, interests of the State, and legitimate rights and interests of organizations and individuals.
The People’s Court system of Vietnam consists of:
- The Supreme People’s Court;
- The People’s High Courts (3 High Courts for the North, Centre and South of Vietnam);
- Provincial People’s Courts (63 Provincial Courts);
- District People’s Courts (710 District Courts).
- Military Courts (3 types as set out below)