The Master of Laws in Judicial Studies programme is jointly offered by the Singapore Judicial College with the Singapore Management University. The programme is targeted at serving judges or judge aspirants who are current key appointment holders or potential judicial leaders in the future in these regions: ASEAN member states; China, Japan, Korea; Asia-Pacific (notably smaller jurisdictions including Fiji and Samoa); Indian sub-continent (India, Bhutan, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka); and the Middle East. One of the goals of the programme is to establish a strong alumni network of judges in this region, where close ties are forged among the judges by growing together through studying, progressing in their respective judicial careers and keeping in touch with one another.
The salient features of the LLM (JS) are:
- First of its kind in the region
- Advanced judicial learning for judges/judge aspirants by judges
- Judgecraft and advanced substantive law modules
- Management and innovation modules
- Practicum with the Singapore Judiciary
- Opportunity to undertake empirical judicial research that will benefit the home jurisdictions of candidates
- Entry to a new and growing alumni network of judges
- Full-time (1 year) or extended duration (2 years) of study
Prestigious and full bond-free tuition-only scholarships funded by Jones Day Foundation and Lee Foundation are available for application upon enrolment.
For more details, please download the brochure: Click here
Closing Date: 10 May 2021
Provided by Organiser